Graceology is the newest addition to Human Like You. I am a person of grace who wants to share my freedom with others. I believe that New Testament grace is more than greasy, its messy. It accepts those who are unacceptable by the human standard. Jesus befriended the outcast, downtrodden, and people who were alienated. I want to us to live out His worldview in our everyday days.
So how do we live in grace? Learn | Experience | Give
- Learn grace by studying the life and message of Jesus noted in Scripture.
- Experience grace in our own lives by interacting with others who are like us.
- Give grace to those around us.
There are two ways in which we can Learn, Experience, and Give.
- 2 Days of Grace - I am hosting meetings with different pastors/churches, or I am renting venues in different cities so that I can teach the message of grace on a practical level. This is not a standard meeting with music, announcements, and offerings received. It is a time for teaching and interacting with those who want to know grace. Of course there is no fee to attend.
- Conference Calling – This is a great way for us to interact as a growing community of grace lovers. Once a month I am hosting a conference call for all registered guests. This is a 20 min teaching with 10 minutes of Q&A. Anyone can attend and/or participate. Of course there is no fee to attend, but you must register in order to obtain the number and call in pin. You can register for the next live event HERE.
My greatest passion is communicating content that gives hope. The idea of projecting a truth or concept that can help a friend, colleague, or total stranger is a neat feeling.
I have always written on matters of leadership. However, I am now focusing on the struggles that leaders face in everyday life. From ministry burnout, marital stress, angry spouses, financial pressure, and the likes. I am sharing about my life and all the junk that I have done, said, thought, or have the potential to do.
Author Anne Jackson calls it “The gift of going second.” I tell you my story so that you are comfortable sharing yours. This is what I want to do for leaders. I want to let them know that its ok to be human and that they are not alone.
So, I am writing #HUMAN – The Struggle of Humanity within Christianity. Of course this is a working title. More info to come in the near future.
In the mean time, you can download my first e-book 10 Lies Leaders Tell HERE. This book is a candid, yet serious look at the crazy things we lie about as church leaders.